Date: 30-31 Jan 2020
Time: 9am-5pm (2-day)
Venue: Furama RiverFront, Singapore (or equivalent)
Refreshments: 2 Coffee Breaks & 1 Lunch provided
Fees: S$940 (Nett)
Early Bird Discount: 5% Discount if company registers before/on 30 Dec 2019
Group Discount A: 10% Discount if company sends 3-4 participants to the same class
Group Discount B: 15% Discount if company sends 5 or more participants to the same class
What are some adult learning theories that trainers, training managers, and L&D professionals need to understand well? How can we plan and prepare well for our training sessions? How can we deliver our training workshops effectively and manage difficult learners professionally? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this 2-day workshop titled: “ProActve Train the Trainer Program”.
In this workshop, Ken Wong – 4G Leadership Coach and a Seasoned Master Trainer would present the learners with a better knowledge on training delivery skills and classroom management skills so that they can deliver better training sessions internally at the workplace.
- Learn more about adult learning theories, learning styles & adult learners
- Learn how to plan & prepare for a training session
- Learn how to deliver training and manage difficult learners professionally
- Learn how to manage training feedback for future improvements
Program Outline (2-day)
Understanding Training / Adult Learning
- Understanding adult learning theories – ADDIE & ARCS Models
- Knowing the mindset & characteristics of adult learners
- Addressing different learning styles
- Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic (VAK)
- Left / Right brain
- Emergenetics® 4-colour brain
- Adopting a learner-centred training approach in class
The Line Manager / Supervisor as an Internal Trainer
- The modern trainer VS the traditional trainer
- Avoiding the common mistakes made by new trainers
- Planning & preparing for a training session
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Drawing up lesson plan & seating arrangements
- Getting resources ready for training delivery
The Trainer on Stage – Lights, Camera and Action!
- Creating a conducive learning environment
- Delivering training effectively
- Projecting confidence: Image, body language & voice
- Presenting content: Brain-friendly slides & story telling
- Facilitating group discussion, case studies & role plays
- Mastering classroom management skills
- Engaging learners: Ice breakers, games & activities
- Answering tough questions with confidence & tact
- Managing difficult learners professionally
Managing Training Feedback
- Understanding & using Kirkpatrick’s Model
- Reviewing & making improvements for future training sessions
Who should attend?
- Heads of departments
- Middle managers & managers
- In-house Learning & Development professionals
- Training managers & executives
- Internal trainers
- Team leaders
- Division I & II officers
- Other professionals who are keen to acquire the finer skills in training delivery and classroom management.
About the trainer: Ken Wong
Visit Ken’s blog to read his blog posts on:
- “3 types of difficult employees and how to manage them”
- “3 great lessons from ineffective team leaders”
- Confirmation will be emailed to the Training Officer 5 working days before commencement of the course.
- Cancellations & Postponements are not allowed upon registration. Substitutes are welcomed but must inform us via email at least 1 day before the workshop.
- No-shows will be billed.
- All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly.
- ProActive Training & Education reserves the right to substitute the trainer, change the venue, postpone or cancel the workshop.