Date: 30 Jul 2019
Venue: Furama RiverFront, Singapore (or equivalent)
Refreshments: 2 Coffee Breaks & 1 Lunch provided
Fees: S$500 (Nett)
Early Bird Discount: 5% Discount if company registers before/on 30 Jun 2019
Group Discount A: 10% Discount if company sends 3-4 participants to the same class
Group Discount B: 15% Discount if company sends 5 or more participants to the same class
In this 1-day Workshop, Ken Wong – 4G Leadership Coach would present the learners with a better knowledge of modern management practices and multi-generation teams, especially on how to manage Gen Y employees effectively. He would share on the psychology of difficult employees and how to understand them better through Emergenetics®, a USA Thinking & Behavioral Profiling Tool.
Tapping on personal interviews, case studies, role plays and storytelling, Ken would highlight proven strategies and practical work tips on how to manage the different types of difficult employees. He would also teach learners how to counsel, assert & discipline difficult employees correctly and transform them into collaborative team partners.
- Better understanding of modern management practices & multi-generation teams (Baby boomers, Gen X & Y)
- Understanding difficult employees through Emergenetics® & managing the different types of difficult employees
- Learn how to counsel, assert & discipline difficult employees correctly and turn them into collaborative team partners
Managing Employees at the Workplace
- The Traditional Manager vs The Enlightened Proactive Manager
- Communicating & collaborating with multi-generation teams
- Strategies & practical tips to manage gen y successfully
Understanding & Managing Difficult Employees
- Understanding the psychology of difficult employees
- Understanding difficult employees through Emergenetics® – 4 thinking attributes & 3 behavioral attributes
- Case studies: Managing difficult Gen Y + baby boomer employees
- Role plays: Managing different types of difficult employees
Transforming Difficult Employees into Collaborative Team Partners
- How to counsel, assert and discipline difficult employees correctly?
- Strategies & practical tips to manage difficult employees successfully
- Secrets to turning difficult employees into collaborative team partners
Who should attend?
- Department Heads
- Assistant Vice Presidents
- Division I & II Officers
- Team Leaders & Others who want to acquire more people transformation skills especially on managing difficult employees
About the trainer: Ken Wong
Visit Ken’s blog to read his blog posts on:
- “3 types of difficult employees and how to manage them”
- “The story telling leader”
- “Western & Asian Leadership – Similarities & Differences”
- “3 great lessons from ineffective team leaders”
What others say
“I have gained many pointers on what can be improved. Ken is very experienced and the program is well delivered.” – Ms Noorhayati Bte Mohd Yusoff, Technical Supervisor, Singapore Polytechnic
“I have a better understanding of the different types of employees. Ken is professional and knowledgeable.” – Mr Lim Yew Chong Jerry, Team Leader, Singapore Police Force
- Confirmation will be emailed to the Training Officer 5 working days before commencement of the course.
- Cancellations & Postponements are not allowed upon registration. Substitutes are welcomed but must inform us via email at least 1 day before the workshop.
- No-shows will be billed.
- All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly.
- ProActive Training & Education reserves the right to substitute the trainer, change the venue, postpone or cancel the workshop.