Available as customised in-house training.
Working Effectively with Bosses is a big challenge for Managers, Supervisors and Staff. This is made tougher when they have to report to and work with Baby Boomer Bosses when they are from a different generation – GEN X, Y or Z. On the other hand, leading and managing Baby Boomer Staff is equally tough as they are older and more experienced than you the manager or supervisor.
This 1-day workshop shares with learners the mindset, knowledge and skill set that is needed to connect, communicate and collaborate effectively with their Baby Boomer Boss and/or Staff at the Workplace. It shares with learners the tips and tactics on how they could work effectively with them for greater success at the workplace.
- Understand the characteristics of baby boomers and identify the generational differences
- How to collaborate with your baby boomer boss for greater work success
- How to lead your baby boomer staff and take your team to greater heights
The Manager – From the Past to Present
- The Traditional Manager VS the Enlightened Manager
- The “Sandwiched” Manager – Balancing with Staff & Management
- Generations Turbulence
- Bridging the Generation Gaps – Overcoming Generation Myopia
Understanding Baby Boomers
- The Upbringing of Baby Boomers
- Their Values, Characteristics and Contributions
- Common Challenges of working with Baby Boomers
Managing UP: Collaborating with Baby Boomer Boss
- My DREAM Boss – Fantastic Sharing of “Boss + Employee” Stories
- Forging an Effective Partnership with the Boss – Great Tips and Tactics
- Connecting, Communicating & Supporting Boss
Managing DOWN: Leading Baby Boomer Staff
- Strengths and Potential of Staff
- Motivational Factors for Staff
- Connecting, Communicating & Working with Staff
Who should attend?
- GEN X & Y Managers/Supervisors and Others who work with Baby Boomer Bosses & Staff
About the trainer: Ken Wong
- Confirmation will be emailed to the Training Officer 5 working days before commencement of the course.
- Cancellations & Postponements are not allowed upon registration. Substitutes are welcomed but must inform us via email at least 1 day before the workshop.
- No-shows will be billed.
- All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly.
- ProActive Training & Education reserves the right to substitute the trainer, change the venue, postpone or cancel the workshop.